Lone Star Curling Club is a 501(c)3 non-profit that is able to offer Learn To Curl and Private events with the cooperation of The Pond Hockey Club and a number of instructors who are dedicating their time for the growth of curling as a sport. The Pond is a multi-use ice facility whose ice is of high-demand, and whom LSCC must pay for use of the ice.
Instructors are club members taking time out of their days in order to be a part of your event. Our events require a varying number of instructors based on total attendance.
We ask that you respect The Pond's time and our instructors’ time and dedication to curling by committing to your event at the time of scheduling.
If an unexpected situation arises that prohibits your ability to attend your event, please contact us as soon as possible. We will do our best to accommodate your needs, but you will be responsible for certain rescheduling fees according to the following table:
- 7 Days in Advance. You may reschedule without charge up to 7 Days in advance of the event’s scheduled start time.
- 7 Days to 24-Hours in Advance. Within 7 days but no fewer than 24-hours before the event, rescheduling requires a rebooking/ice fee in the amount of $300. The fee must be paid prior to rescheduling.
- 24-Hours & Same-Day Cancellations. If you are unable to attend your event the day it is scheduled or within 24 hours, it will be cancelled. We will offer a credit toward another event in the amount of up to 80% of the original booking fee minus a $300 ice fee, based on circumstances; however, if we do not hear from you prior to the event starting date, you will receive no credit.
Learn to Curls:
- 72-Hours in Advance. You may reschedule without charge up to 72-hours in advance of the event’s scheduled start time.
- 72-Hour to Day Before. Within 72-hours of the event, but before the day of the event, rescheduling requires a rebooking fee in the amount of $25 or 20% of the total booking fee, whichever is greater. The rebooking fee must be paid prior to rescheduling and rescheduling must be finalized prior to the original event date and time.
- Same-Day Cancellations. We will not reschedule events on the day of the event. If you are unable to attend your event the day it is scheduled, it will be cancelled. We will offer a credit toward another event in the amount of up to 50% of the original booking fee based on circumstances; however, if we do not hear from you prior to the event starting date, you will receive no credit.
In general the Lone Star Curling Club does not offer refunds.
Extraordinary cases will be decided on a case by case basis.
Refunds are at the sole discretion of the board.